Decision making is how we cope with our environment and live our life. From the decision to rise in the morning to the decision go to bed at night, we are constantly making decisions and frequently solving problems. Throughout each day we are confronted with a variety of problems and decisions that require a rational, thoughtful response.
Problem Solving and Decision Making presents a structure, process and tools to help you solve problems and make decisions. This course is about proactively attacking problems and making timely decisions, that help you solve work problems and make decisions to bring value to your company and your customers. In addition, the skills, processes and tools taught in this course can bring value to other aspects of your life as well.
Participants will practice the six-step problem solving process by working on actual problems in class. The focus in class is on group decision making, but participants will be able to apply the same processes and tools to individual problems and decisions.
Upon completion, participant in this course will be able to:
- Identify one or more problems to solve
- Create a problem statement
- Conduct a root cause analysis of the problem
- Develop criteria to evaluate solution to the problem
- Generate a list of solutions
- Select the best solution
- Validate their solution
- Develop a plan to implement the solution
- Develop a plan to monitor and verify the solution
- Develop a communication plan