Skills acquired during recommended training
Architecture, Connectivity and Integration
- Explain the concept and the principal functionality of an Enterprise Service Bus.
- Use appropriate transport protocols such as MQ, JMS, HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP for specific scenarios.
- Select appropriate messaging patterns for business scenarios such as pub/sub, request/response, synchronous/asynchronous.
- Implement, configure and use the EIS Adapters.
- Use the components of web services and industry standards such as WSDL, SOAP, WS-Security.
- Identify the appropriate message domain for a message modeling scenario.
- Create message models and related assets based on various business requirements and industry message standards.
- Import/export assets to/from message sets.
Message Flow Development
- Demonstrate the use of built-in patterns.
- Implement message flows using built-in processing nodes.
- Perform message transformations using the various provided technologies.
- Build custom error handlers to extend message broker’s default behavior.
- Apply web service standards and technologies in WebSphere Message Broker.
- Understand and use the message assembly in message flows.
- Handle message sequencing and affinity requirements in message flow design.
- Configure and use transactionality for message flows.
- Explain use of and need for Impact Analysis provided by the Message Broker Toolkit.
Packaging and Deployment
- Configure and deploy BAR files based on different technical and/or business requirements.
- Use version and source control tools and technologies.
- Create configurable services.
Testing, Debugging and Troubleshooting
- Use the Integrated Test Client.
- Demonstrate debugging techniques using the debugger.
- Use trace facilities such as trace nodes and user trace.
- Understand where to find and how to interpret error logs.
- Apply the built-in version comparison and rollback capabilities of the Message Broker Toolkit.
- Optimize message flow throughput and response times.
- Configure a flow to emit monitoring events.
- Demonstrate statistics gathering and performance monitoring.
- Build and configure a unit test environment for a developer workstation.
- Explain how to install a user defined node.