About CAST 612
Digital Mobile Forensics is fast becoming a lucrative and constantly evolving field, this is no surprise as the mobile phone industry has been witnessing some unimaginable growth, some experts say it may even replace the Computer for those only wishing to send and receive emails. As this area of digital forensics grow in scope and size due to the prevalence and proliferation of mobile devices and as the use of these devices grows, more evidence and information important to investigations will be found on them. To ignore examining these devices would be negligent and result in incomplete investigations. This growth has now presented new and growing career opportunities for interested practitioners in corporate, enforcement, and military settings. Mobile forensics is certainly here to stay as every mobile device is different and different results will occur based on that device requiring unique expertise.
This course was put together focusing on what today’s Mobile Forensics practitioner requires, some of the advanced areas this course will be covering are the intricacies of manual Acquisition (physical vs. logical) & advanced analysis using reverse engineering understanding how the popular Mobile OSs are hardened to defend against common attacks and exploits.
CAST On-site provides personalised Advanced Security Courses to meet the needs of the individual or company and are planned to ensure maximum flexibility in terms of logistics, dates and cost issues. Our certified expert trainers are experienced educators and highly knowledgeable in their respective fields. CAST On-site prides itself on strict quality control principles at all times to ensure that clients receive the highest standard of training and service. CAST On-Site training is designed to add great value to your work force by increasing staff efficiency and skills ensuring improved productivity and output that far exceeds the value of the initial training costs.
WHO IS IT FOR
• Information Security professionals
• Risk Assessment Professionals
• Digital Forensics Investigators
• Information Security Professionals
• Mobile Developers
• Penetration Testers – CEH Professionals
• Law Enforcement Officers and Government Agencies
• Attorneys, Paralegals and First Responders
• Accountants and Financial Personnel
• Anyone who deals with implementation, testing, security hardening of mobile devices
Information Security professionals
• Appreciating how a Digital or Mobile Forensic Investigator processes cell phones, PDAs, and any other mobile devices that is able to store data and communicate
• Covering elements of Mobile Device Hacking such as the latest genre of attacks from simple password cracking to sophisticated injection of rootkits / remote spy monitoring
• Investigating the processes involved in Mobile Forensic Acquisitions, Analysis and Reporting of Mobile Device evidence with detailed coverage on some the more popular devices such as Apple iDevices (iPhone, iPad, iTouch / iPods), BlackBerrys, Windows 7 & Android Based Devices
• Defending common attacks through Mobile Device Security Hardening, understanding what works best for corporate users